Question

sndeng

Why are my credit scores way, way below what the really are?
I get monthly FICO score directly from experian and transunion every month. They show an average of 718. This site shows me at 663 for transunion and 657 for equifax. This too, much of a variance to be believable. All they do is offer more debt which is NOT the way to improve your score. Life is real and things happen. Sometimes you get dinged. It's a big game in the creditors huge favor. Why removing a card is bad is beyond me. I take responsibility for my debt and removing a card to decrease my debt should not be a negative factor instead, a benefit of showing responsibility. Oh wait, the bankers don't make tons of money if you do that so, hit them and hit them hard. Still, there is no valid reason for the huge discrepancy in my score.

Actually there is a valid reason for the score discrepancy, they are different scoring systems. The scores that you get here are Vantage scores, Experian provides a Fico and Transunion provides a Non-Fico as far as I am aware. I totally understand your frustration and you share it with many people, things need to be made clearer about the different scoring systems. Personally, the only scores that I worry about are FICO as a lender is most likely to use a version of FICO rather than any other scoring system.