Question

Chieftexas

Why are my credit scores dropping?
I realize this has been asked quite a few times, but I have been monitoring my credit like a hawk for a couple of years now, and when I logged in this morning my credit scores had dropped significantly for seemingly no reason.
My Transunion score dropped 10 points and my Equifax score dropped 20 points despite the fact that my on-time payment record is still at 100%, I have had no hard or soft inquiries within the last year, my credit utilization is well below 10%, I have 0 derogatory marks and I have not closed any accounts recently. Anyone have any ideas?

Good credit items falling off, or less impact, for the time frame for the scoring system.

Also make note that there was an adjustment at Credit Karma on their scoring module.   Click the Archive link and you can see a comparison of the current module along side the one you have been monitoring for the past year.