Question

oldbville

Why am I still paying 25.99% int. on my Home Depot Card? No update in years from credit bureaus.
Home Depot says they have not received a credit update since 2006. I'm paying 25.99% interest. My credit rating is good. Others are paying far less with comparable scores. Why am I? Why do others get preferential treatment? Could it be it's because I have a Hispanic name? Rest assured, my roots go back to 1881. I am not an alien.

Most Helpful Response

I just did a search for the interest rate on a Home Depot card and it says there that fewer than half the people that apply qualify for an interest rate lower than 25.99%.  Store credit cards can only be used at that particular store, which is why I don't use them.  My preference is a universally accepted card such as Visa or Mastercard that you can use for just about anything and they do charge lower interest rates.