Question

Whitedog57

Why am I penalized for credit cards closed 10 and 15 years ago?
I closed several credit cards with zero balances years ago. Now my score is being lowered because of them. Is there any way to eliminate the impact of long ago closed credit cards?

The prior answer is a crock.  In my account review, everything is excellent EXCEPT for closed home mortgage and credit card accounts all with good payment history.  They have been paid off for several years yet still appear and are evaluated as a POOR conditionaffecting my credit score.

Cards from that long ago were probably closed in good standing if they still remain on your reports. In no way do they harm your credit, they actually help it. Never try to remove accounts that were closed in good standing. I am not sure where you learned what you believe, but it could not be further from the truth. Please take some time to read all that you can on credit and under no circumstances take any type of action until you are fully aware as to how everything works.