Question

cassiopiea

Why am I in collection agency?
I closed my Account with Verizon in Jan 2011 in Mar 2011 I got from Verizon check for overpaid balance then 2013 I find myself in collection agency for $304. How this is possible ?

It sure doesn't sound right. Contact Verizon and try to get to the bottom of it, maybe they had some glitch in their system. If Verizon is unhelpful, you will need to contact a consumer law attorney to deal with it, the only problem is though, if this all occured in 2011, it may be too late to do anything and of course you would need to have some proof (paperwork) on what you have stated here. It still would not hurt to consult with an attorney and see what they have to say, many will give free consultations.