Question

goh08

Why am I being penalized for a home loan that is the full responsibility of my ex-wife?
When I was divorced, my wife kept our house along with the remaining mortgage responsibility. I am still being penalized for the remaining balance of the home loan. What can I do?...Leo

You should approach your mortgage company and be sure you have been completely relieved of the debt. Most likely you were not. The divorce court can say she assumes all the debt but has no power over the mortgage company unless they were brought in to the suit and so ordered by the judge. The divorce only has effect on the spouses in normal cases.