Question

Hardbal28

Why am I being denied credit?
First time I have ever been denied credit. I am totally debt free. Blemish free credit history since 1967. Have adequate portfolio to maintain living standard in our retirement. Denied 3 times for credit cards within past 2 years. Don't really need the new cards, have a 40K and 20K limit on the 2 that I pay off every month. Just trying to get cards with more benefits.
Besides, my pride is hurt. My brother has a higher credit score than me, and as a former loan officer I know I am more credit worthy than he.