Question

kaykay54

why am I being asked for my registered email address for access to one of my credit cards?
I am trying to update a credit card and am getting the following:
Enter your Registered Phone Number or email address for receiving Secure Access Code:
When I try to type my email address or phone number in the box, the box turns red and will not allow me to type into it.
What is a "Secure Access Code"? I'm not having any trouble logging in to the credit card's website so I'm not sure what else is being asked for.

Not sure what the problem is. I would contact the credit card company; perhaps you can send them a message on their website.

kaykay54

Am trying this today, will post back if I hear anything.  Thanks!

I am the original poster of this question. Just to clarify, this is a DressBarn credit card from Comenity Bank. I waited over a month for Comenity to respond to my email.  Their response told me to call their customer service phone number, which I did.  They have no idea what a secure access code is and told me in no uncertain terms that they do not provide any kind of assistance with "third party services" -  not CK, not Quicken, nothing! Regrettably, many stores are now using these folks to issue their credit cards - I have three cards with them myself - and it is apparently impossible to update any of them from within CK, even though I have online access to all three.

If anyone has been able to successfully update a Comenity credit card - Dressbarn, Eddie Bauer, and Bonton (Carson's in Chicago) - in CK, I'd appreciate knowing how you did it!  Thanks all.