Question

ookidouki

Who should I pay to resolve a debt, Time Warner or the Collection Agency?
I have a collection account on my credit report due to a debt of $150 I have with Time Warner Cable when my account was closed last year. The report indicates the account has been charged off and is now owned by SW Credit Systems. The amount is correct. I want to pay this debt and have it removed from my credit report, but I've been given contradictory information from Time Warner. One rep told me I could pay the bill on the phone or in person, and another said that since it was charged off I would have to deal with the collection agency directly.

Does anyone have experience with this? I would like to resolve this as soon as I can, and I'd prefer not to deal with the collection agency? So who should I pay? If I do end up having to pay the collection agency, what steps should I take? I do not recall ever having received any communication from them.

I once paid off an old Sprint bill and car insurance bill directly and the debt disappeared from my credit report. I would say TW, only because those collection agencies don't deserve it.