Question

BhalaDina789

Who requests deletion of collections account?
I want to buy a house and had great score until last few years when I stopped tracking it. 2 collections showed up.

One was 200% not my fault! I went to volunteer at a hospital and they needed some blood work done prior to my volunteering! they misrepresented me as a private patient instead of a volunteer, the hospital is giving me a refund but how do I go about deleting this account?

Second problem starts with a collection agency that I never heard from or received any mail from regarding home security. After pulling a credit report, it showed up on experian. I started tracing it backwards. I contacted the CA to pay in full in exchange for deletion of account. The first time that I made the payment I said I don't know where this is coming from all I care about is to have it taken off and a paid in full receipt. The rep said fine, I gave them my CC info , they checked in their transaction dept, and I was assured a paid in full receipt within 3-5 business days in mail. I checked after 3-4 days just to follow up, this time I talked to the manager. He told me then that they cannot issue a paid in full receipt unless I sign a paper form authorizing them to charge my CC account and something to the effect of " I am an authorized user if this account and will not dispute the payment with my CCcompany, so long as the transaction corresponds to the terms indicated in this form " .

Now they tell me unless I sign this paper, they won't give me the release form. Once they receive this signed form, they will provide me the paid in full receipt and I should request the credit bureaus to delete the account by providing this paid in full receipt. The manager said I was lying and hung up on me.

My Questions are:

Who should initiate the account deletion process?

What are the legal ramifications if I sign this document ?

As far as the hospital account goes file a dispute with the CRAs it's listed on citing it was done in error. If you can provide proof, perhaps proof of the refund they are sending you. They will get in contact with the hospital who then has 30 days to provide info proving you owe them the money or to simply agree it was in error. Regarding the second account, if you are completely sure it's not yours dispute it with the CRAs that way they will have to prove you own it. Also next time you pay off a collection negotiate a "pay for deletion". Get it in writing and signed ad proof.

BhalaDina789

The first hospital account has been deleted

How do I approach the second one? Should I sign that form ? They have verbally agreed I can delete the account after I get a release form, which happens after I sign the paper saying that I cannot dispute the CC payment.