Question

kpeter42

Who do I contact to pay back my debts?
I have a few accounts in collections. I don't know who sent what into collections. How do I contact the collection agencies to pay back some of my debts?

Most Helpful Response

first you should look into your report and find the source of the debt that is in collection meaning who is the original collector and if the original collector is in your report. then once you find the source look for any other collector that is tied with the original example if sprint is the original creditor but sold your accnt to a collector yet their still showing on your report then dispute that with the bureaus, you then take the recent information on the collection agency that the original creditor had sold and send a DEBT VALIDATION LETTER to confirm and prove that you owe the debt send it certified mail when and if you hear back from them with in 30 days depending on what the collector sends you.. if they send you the validation then you can send them a letter of settlement however you decide you can pay the debt either in monthly payments or one lump sum to pay off the debt