Question

LenaMM

Who do I contac about an error on my report: credit bureaus, cc company or collection agancy
I just got my credit report and found a bad ERROR! I found a credit card from Chase I've never had.
I got divorced in 2013 and it looks like my ex got a Chase credit card in 2012 using my name without my knowledge.
Should I contact the credit bureaus, Chase or the collection agencies?? My ex declared bankruptcy after we got divorced in 2013 so I don’t know why he didn’t include this account. It does say “individual” so maybe he got the account in my name and just got an extra card for himself!
How can I prove that I never used the card they sent to our address?? In the divorce we were each responsible for what we owed.
But if he had got this account with Chase in my name that wouldn't help me! It's nice and easy to be able to get a credit card online but not when someone you think you can trust uses that opportunity!

What should I do??

First File disputes online

You can do that from this site or on the website for any of the Credit Bureaus.

follow up with a letter to at least one of the Credit bureaus, state that yu never opened this account and want to validate the account. Google "Validation letter" for a template and more info on how they work. 

I would also contact the issuing bank and close the account, Tell them that you believe the account was opened fraudulantly and that you never authorizzed the account.   It may seem like overkill but by hitting them with all barrels yu are sure that it will get talken care of.