Question

boytoy2play

Who can I talk to about a hard inquiry from a car dealer who I specified not to run my social #
They used my social # to run numbers for leasing and financing ... when i told them I didn't want it run , just give me an estimate ....

They can't give an estimate without something to go on.  You really need to re-read the articles here to gain a good understanding of how credit works. You signed up here even longer ago than I did and the infoirmation on this site will benefit you for the rest of your life if you take the time to learn. The only time you are too old to learn is when you die..

Time spent being angry about this is wasted time. Not much you can do. The credit bureaus are very reluctant to remove Inquiries since you gave the information needed to pull your credit. Hard Inquiries only cause slight damage anyway and multiple inquiries for auto loans are only scored as one when done within a couple week period of time (you will still see them all on your reports though, but scored only as one). The lesson to be learned here is to not trust car salesmen or dealerships, most are less than honest.