Question

foreverseekingHIM

Who can i contact to update my account?
My score has been 778 for the last 3 months, when I have completely wiped out a mortgage after 30 years and have lowered my credit card available amount from considerably. For example my credit card balance was $10K, but now it is $8.7K with an available amount of $11.3K, yet it is not reflecting any change whatsoever. my main mortgage has decreased from 153K to $149K and still no change in my score. I have all A's with the exception of 1B.

Somebody help!!!!!!

You are using too much credit

If you dont' already know this, Credit Card Utilization is your credit balance to limit ratio. If you divide 8,700 by 11,300, it equals .769, which is 76.9%. So you are using 76.9% of your credit limit. Anything above 30% is bad for your credit score. You will want to pay those cards down to around $3000, at least, before you see any signifcant difference.

No need to worry about the balance of your mortgage. As long as you have never missed a payment, then you are going to be okay in that aspect. There is less risk with a mortgage. Your house is the collateral.

With credit cards, there is no collateral for those banks to repossess, so it affects your credit score a lot more than your mortgage.