Question

ohiomd

while i had credit karma open, my credit score dropped 2 points and then 1 point. whats going on?
i checked my credit score. 706 when i opened credit karma. looked around on site a bit and it dropped to 704 and came back again and now 703. what's happening?
on another note, i sold some property i owned and paid down 1 home equity loan i had and closed one. also paid off a car loan that i was never late on and down the score went again. guess i thought i was doing the right thing. apparently not.
i have one credit card with a low 1400.00 limit that i use and pay down to a few dollars on a weekly basis. seems to me like the credit score should be going up.

You would think so.

but the reality is that you are doing what lenders don't want you to do. They want to see a good mix of several types of credit accounts, Credit cards, auto loans,  mortgages.  You get "credit" for having multiple accounts. 

As far as the score dropping while your on the site, I've noticed that to. It seems to be related to when the info is updated on my credit cards after I log in, Showing the score of my last log in and then the score adjusts accordingly as info comes gets updated.

When you sold off the property, then paid off the loans, you effectively removed credit from your report.  In hindsite you should have opened a few credit card accounts prior to paying off the older accounts to up your available credit.  I know its crazy, but its actually easier to get credit when you owe money that when you don't.  

And paying on your card before getting the statement works against you. Your betteroff  making one larger payment when you recieve the bill. It will show utilization then payment, The way your paying now it appears as if you don't use at all it in the credit algeritiums.