Question

StoneFox

Which raises credit more?
I am trying to buy a home, I want to raise my credit fast. Would it be smarter to use my tax refund towards paying off credit card debt first or accounts in collections first? Which would be more helpful in getting my credit up?

First off,  there is no way to raise your credit score fast.

As for your tax refund,  you want to pay down or pay off  your Credit Card debt first.

Then you do some reading here on how to deal with collection accounts and get those paid and try to have them removed at the same time.

Good Luck.

With the current credit standards

I Doubt you would get a mortgage with any collections on your credit report.  Those should be dealt with before appling for any mortgage.  The balances on your credit cards should be as close to 10% or less when you do apply for a mortgage. You also want no late pays in the last 2 years.  There is no quick fix to your credit. They call it credit history for a reason, lenders look at the last 2-5 years of your credit report, they base the terms and interest rates of all credit on that history.