Question

Zomb1equeen

Which option is better for increasing credit score?
I have two cards: one that is using over 80% CCU and one that is using only $14% CCU. I want to use part of my tax return to pay off a chunk of my debt. But to help my credit score, would it be better to lower the CCU of the larger card or completely pay off the smaller one?

Your best goal would be to not be carrying any balance on the credit cards but be able to pay the total amount due (as shown on the statement) in full every month.  Your credit score should improve significantly when you reduce the usage on your highest card to 20% or less.  For more information on credit cards, please read the ARTICLES you will find on the left side of this page.  Credit Karma was set up to provide information on credit, and how to build and maintain a good credit score so credit can work for you.

Zomb1equeen

This didn't answer my question at all. I'm asking which one would be better to do first.