Question

drift240s13

Which of these ideas will help improve credit score faster?
Will having 1 higher limit secured card be better than 2 lower limit secured cards? Total value would be the exact same between the two options. Also is there any way to deal with negative items on the credit report other than just to wait for them to fall off?

Hi

I don't believe that the amount of the card matters, what matters is how much of your available credit you utilize. Getting 2 cards will give you 2 inquiries but it will also give you 2 creditors reporting positive information about you as long as you utilize 20% or less on each card and pay your payments on time. So I would say that 2 would be the answer.

Negative items can be disputed on your credit report. If you are close to the 7 year mark you may ask the bureaus to delete them early. I am still learning about this as I am in the process of it. I would suggest researching "disputing credit reports" "early exclusion" "early deletion" and see if you can find any info to help you. I will try to update you when I discover how things turn out for me.