Question

electrick

Which is the best way to control credit card utilization with payments for my 3 cards?
I am rebuilding and was approved for 2 store cards and 1 unsecured card with low balances.
Store Card A - $250
Store Card B - $250
Unsecured - $300
= $800 total credit
All three were just opened and I made charges on each. My strategy is to pay down to a 5% utilization prior to the reporting date and then PIF when its due.
5% utilization is $40 of total available credit.
This is my first month with these cards, so My question is, do I just pick one card (i.e. Unsecured credit card) to keep the $40 on, or do I have to spread out the $40 over the 3 cards?

The best thing you can do for yourself is take advantage of the credit education provided by Credit Karma so you can learn about credit and how to build your credit score.  This information is, unfortunately, not taught in even college classes and it is something everyone needs to know.  I read the articles, made needed changes and now enjoy an excellent credit score for the first time in my life, and I'm a retiree on a fixed income!!

Since you already knew how to manipulate the utilizations percentage, by paying down before the reporting date? Next is to only have 1 of your card show balance (1~9% and you knew that too) and keep as many cards reporting zero balance as you can. However, you don't really need to micro manage it on monthly bases, only when you are planning on apply for credit, as utilizations has no memories.