Question

brittani72

Which department store card companies are the best reporters?
I'd like to open a store credit card to HELP my credit, but it's not going to help me one little bit if they don't report what a great payer I am. :-) Also does anyone know which stores do a "hard hit" inquiry vs. which ones (if any) do a "soft hit" inquiry?

Good question

I do not advocate for dept store credit as your limited to only shopping there. I did use fingerhut to rebuild my credit and now have a Capitol one unsecured platnuim masterr card and a credit one visa. Fingerhut is awesome about reporting to the bureaus!!

icuhowie

Run from finger but. Over priced on most of what they sell

valyocalvert

Fingerhunt and gettington both use webbank and both pull credit reports. They are both listed on my reporst since I have 2 credit lines though 2 websites.

Most Helpful Response

Good Queston

I have a Dillard's and Macy's American Express Credit Card. I have their Amercian Express cards because those cards allow me to use them anywhere American Express is accepted! Now that I know better, I would never get a store card I can only use in their store. I hope this helps!

brittani72

Are Macy's and Dillard's good at reporting? Do they report every month?

We have had JCP for over 22 years 

Have the OldNavy card for 5 years

Have had the TJX card for over 4 Years 

have not had any issues with the and the report to all three