Question

lizbetann

Which Credit Cards Use Which Bureau?
When I was declined for a credit card and my limit lowered on another, I looked into it. All three bureaus had records on my account from some woman in Arizona with a SSN one digit off from mine (the middle two numbers are reversed). This woman had several accounts way past due, a bunch of credit inquiries, and three accounts already in collections. (I know, I should have kept a closer eye; I also should have checked my credit when a medical service here in Los Angeles first started messing up her records with mine. Trust me, I plan to keep a close eye in the future!)

I've cleared all three bureaus, except for a single account in collections TU is still reporting. I've disputed it number of times and am still working on getting rid of it, as well as all the "hard inquiries" from her accounts. However i want to get a balance transfer card to reduce my credit utilization and obviously if they look at the TU score, they're more likely to deny me. (And add another hard inquiry to boot.)

So, how do I pick a card that uses one of the bureaus that have finished cleaning up my credit record?

Most Helpful Response

Check out the credit pulls database

Check out the credit pulls database at creditboards.com.   It list the type of information you are asking about.