Question

kraj613

Which credit card to apply next for a person with limited history?
Hi, I'm new to the credit card world. Only 6 months of credit history so far, one card Cap One Platinum. After 6 on time payments, got a CLI to 750. No late payments, am very responsible user, utilization under 10%. Am hoping to get another card like the Chase Freedom but am worried about getting rejected. Eager to get in the points game with a rewards/cash back card but am worried my limited history will prevent this, despite responsible payback.

What and when should I get my next card?
TU/CK 723, 6 mo history, utilization under 10%

Thanks much guys
Raj

Looks like you are ready to go on that next card application, alot more so than I am. I am starting out like you were 6 months ago. I am at the 3 month mark. But I think I still can lend a hand. Chase freedom is what you are eyeing. Capital One quicksilver is a cash back card also. Both companys have a prequalification website. I would check there first before one of them hit me with a hard inquiry. It may be to your advantage to just call into capital one and explain you think your credit score warrents a card upgrade are they any for your account at this time also. I did that with my capital one just recently and got a quicksilver one (yes prerunner to quicksilver) in the mail. Anyways google the prequalification website of the card of your choice, some companys have them some do not. Good Luck.