Question

jtcm

which card should i pay down first
I have a few cards currently that are at intro 0%, if one is a $3000 limit and I have $2800 on it should I pay it down before I pay a $2500 balance on a $5000 limit card? my question is does the credit utilization per card effect my credit or is it the utilization of all my cards together

Most Helpful Response

The utilization per card effects the credit score so you want to strive to keep the utilization no higher than 10%. Each of those 0% cards has an expiration date, after which a higher rate of interest will be charged. Smart move is to get both cards paid in full prior to the end of the 0% rate. 

jtcm

Thanks, i made a spread sheet where i track balances and i just added a utilization column, i will try to pay down the highest percent first. Great advice