Question

WonkaWorm

Which bureau do I contact and how?
I have two medical bills that were paid when they were due. They both were mistakenly sent into collections for some unknown reason. I have proof that these were both paid in a timely manner. I would like to have the blemishes removed from my credit score. I barely have a clue as to who to get into contact with to remove these collections. Who do I email and what do i say?

Any help with this matter will be much appreciated.

Most Helpful Response

You write all three credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion, addresses are below) and send them copies of your proof of payment.  Tell them this account went to collections by mistake and should be deleted from your report.  Be polite but persistent.  Equifax P.O. Box 740256, Atlanta GA 75013-2002  Experian P.O. Box 2002, Allen TX  75013-2002, TransUnion P.O. Box 2000, Chester, PA 19022.  You may have to do this a couple-three times, but it should work.  Best of luck!