Question

Posted in Banking

kristyliana

Which bank is: MANHATN SVGS?.......
My credit score is affected since the above mentioned bank opened on Oct 6, 2006 a huge amount.

I never had any business with such bank.

I am disabled by Social Security to work since Nov 2009.

What can I do?...... How I can clarify this information which is not correct and is affecting my credit score.

thank you

Most Helpful Response

Sounds like the bank of Manhattan in New York??? First I would give them a call, check your credit report for their contact info. Find out why they have your personal info and who gave it to them. Get them to send you documentations and signatures that you agreed to such debt. If they can't do so then ask them to remove the negative item from your file. Also you can write the credit bureaus a dispute letter about this creditor and how you believe that they have recieved your infomation through criminal activity and you were unaware of such debt. If they (Manhattan Bank) cannot prove you authorized such transactions; by law they must remove it from your credit file. Last resort is to file a complaint with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) Their job is to slap huge fines and shut down businesses that engage in criminal activity and fail to rectify the situation. I would mention this to the Bank when you speak to them if they give you any problems. Just make sure you have all your facts straight before you proceed with your quest. Good luck.

MANHATN SVGS

I had the same thing and I think I figured out what it is. I beleive its University of Phoenix Debt that you owe to them. I never noticed it before credit carma but I setteled with them and now its showing up.

MANHATN SVGS

I am also noticing this showing up on my credit report, but I have never seen it before. Does anyone have their contact information? The info I show for them is for ACS Education Services, but they don't know what Manhatn Savings is, and said I would have to write a letter to someone. It is showing as delinquent, but a loan officer (trying to get  a house), told us that it is showing as in collections. I don't understand this since I have never heard of or from them. Please someone help me out.