Question

SoldOut2JC

Which balance transfer card do you recommend?
I have a CK credit score of 649, but 684 on others. I have a lot of great factors going for me, but the biggest thing is, I have a discover card that I used to fall back on a couple of years ago & it's maxed out. I believe the interest rate is somewhere around 29% (ouch) so, makes my credit utilization around 60%. A balance transfer card would be grand! What do you recommend??
I also have a few CC that are paid off. Should I leave them alone or close them out? I also have 1 with about 20% usage, should I close this one out before applying for a card? Any & all suggestions are appreciated!!!

Most Helpful Response

Here are some credit cards that I find balance transfer worthy:

• Citi Diamond Prefered Card (0% apr for 18 months on balance transfers)
  • Citi Simplicity Card (0% apr for 18 months)
  • Discover It Card (0% apr for 18 months)
  • Bank of Americard Visa (0% apr for 15 months)
  • Your local bank or credit union (see their terms)

Be sure to check your approval odds here on Credit Karma. You would want to find odds that are ranked as good or very good for the best chance of getting approved. Also check with your paid off credit cards for deals as well, as most of the time they will send balance transfer offers in the mail.