Which balance do I move to the 0% Balance Transfer?
Credit Score: 747

AMEX balance - $2925 ($8000 limit, 14.99% apr)
Bank of America Visa balance - $1298 ($2000 limit, 11.99% apr)

I have $800 to use today, and I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

I applied for and was approved for the Citi Diamond Preferred card with 0% apr for balance transfers for 18 months.

There is a 3% balance transfer fee, so I need to pay down a card before transferring it to the Citi card.

This is what I'm thinking, not sure if it will work...
-I pay the $800 on the Bank of America Visa. I know it's lower interest, but then my balance will be below 25%. That should improve my debt to credit ratio drastically. I can surely negotiate a balance increase with that card, as I've had it since 2007 with 100% on time payments.
-This leaves me with a hefty AMEX balance, but then I could call Citi and convince them to give me a balance increase, assuming Bank of America does and they see that my ratio is better. Let's say Citi gives me a $5000 credit limit - then I could safely move the $2900 AMEX balance over to Citi and pay it interest free (+ about $87 in transfer fees).

Has anyone tried doing this "chain reaction" of increasing credit limits? Do you think Citi, who I have just opened a card with, is likely to increase my limit? Do you think it's worth a shot, or should I just put the $800 towards the AMEX since it's higher interest?