Question

semperfi03

where to start?
I will be trying to get a new house in the next 2-3 years but have old debt. I got a credit card in 2010 and didn't make payments on it very often (I was young and irresponsible) but I need to know how to go about raising my credit. I see that its a very sensitive matter even bringing it up to a collection agency so where do I start? should I pay it or get a new card/loan to build new credit. I do have other loans that I am good on (making payments regularly).

please help!

Please visit www.credit.about.com and start reading info under tabs "Repair Credit" and "Pay Off Debt" and more.  Lots of answers to this question and every case is different, but I promise you that website will give you info you need to get started.  Best of luck to you!