Question

telusive

Where to go next, want to buy a home, have a 628 and 1 secured card
I have a 628, and one secured capital one card. I want to buy a home and am working on the down payment. In the meantime, what should I be doing to build more credit? Is there a store card or something that I could get? Could I actually get a loan with 3.5% down? Is this credit score fairly accurate?

Your score is pretty close to being able to qualify.  You need more good credit in my opinion.  You might try your local credit union, ask them for a "credit builder loan".  That way you may be able to get a mortgage through them as well (credit unions are great to work with).  If you want another option, visit www.naca.com - this is a non-profit group that helps low-middle income folks get into homes with NO downpayment, NO closing costs, 4% interest and your credit score doesn't matter.  One lady in my office is doing this, so I know it's legit.  Best of luck!