Question

janesdf

Where is my COMBINED Credit Score?
I noticed a couple of weeks ago after logging into to Credit Karma that instead of one combined score, I now see two scores from two agencies and I cannot find a link to show my combined score which is more important to me. In addition to this question, about three or so weeks ago, I logged in and my combined score was 780. Absolutely nothing has changed except that the two different scores I now see are lower. What happened?

Credit scores

I'm not sure what you're referring to with the "Combined" score question.  There are 3 major credit bureaus, each of which has their own unique score.  When a lender pulls your credit, they do so from one, two or all three of the credit reporting agencies.  

If you apply for a home loan, they don't take an "Average" or a "Combined" score but rather look at all three and go by the "Mid-score."

Previously, Credit Karma only provided one score which was based on the "Vantage" score model (different than a FICO score though increasingly similar in result) looking at the data provided from TransUnion.  They recently aquired the ability to also report on the Equifax data.  Thus, you are now seeing TWO of the THREE major credit bureaus scores.

Without seeing the two reports you are referring to, it would be impossible to point out the details of what has changed but scores can and do change on a daily basis while looking at thousands of pieces of data.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Joe