Question

Posted in Taxes

lot3

Where does my comment appear?
I asked a question about a lien I had that has been paid. Where do I see my question/answer posted?

You can click on your own screen name to see your posting history, and click on the heading of each post to go to where particular question was posted...

-

"I had a tax lien, but I paid it in full!  PTL!  I have the letter from the IRS that the lien was paid in full and lifted.  I'm guessing I can go to the credit reporting agencies and request that it be removed.  Will it stay on my record for 7 years even though it's been paid in full?"

-

Was that your question?... For paid Federal tax liens, you can request IRS to withdraw it from your report. Go to IRS website and search for "FORM 12277"... Dispute it thru Credit Bureaus usually wouldn't yield any fruit as paid tax liens "supposedly" remain on your credit reports for 7 years from the Date it was paid, referencing from FCRA 605 (A)(3).