Question

Posted in Site Suggestions

brettjarmstrong

Where do missed payments in credit factors come from?
Transunion shows I have 16 out of 16 ontime or 100% while equifax shows 7 out of 14 or 50%.I know there is the missed payments in history tab. In there I do not have any missed payments for 3 years and after that there are more then 7 so their numbers to not makes sense. These payments go back years and show 100's of payments so I am guessing they are only taking into account the last year which is the only way their number of payments could add up but there are not missed payments unless I go back 3 or for years. If they looked back that long it should be my total payments would be in the 100's since all I have is my mortgage that I make payments on. I would like to dispute the discrepancy but I do not know where the problem is.

It really doesn't matter.  VantageScore and FICO models are correctly accounting for it even if Credit Karma doesn't make it look like it is.  Creditors don't pull report data from CK anyway.  if you're not a 100% on time payments then you're going to see an impact even if you're 99%.  If you have any lates or dergos then carefully research and work on addressing them.