Question

ChrisRTR

Where can I get my 17 year old daughter her OWN secured credit card?
Will adding her as an authorized user to one of my cards show on her credit, seems some do and some don't.

She is not of legal age until after 18 so can't have her own card.

Two Options

You can do 1 of 2 things--go to the local drug store and purchase a pre-paid Visa.  It will not help her credit but it will control how much she spends.  She can reload (or you can ) when the balance runs low. Some charge both a monthly usage fee and a fee to reload it.  Pre-paid Visas are accepted most everywhere.

Second, if you have several credit cards, maybe add her as an authorized user to one with a low credit line.  For example, I added my brother as an authorized user to my Chase Preferred.  It had an 11K credit line.  I transferred $10,500 to another Chase card and let him use $500.  This is the amount I know I can pay in full if he is unable to.  Keeps the spending in check.  I do pay in full weekly to keep the outstanding balance at $0.

As far as whether or not her being an authorized user showing on her credit, depends on the bank.