Question

DWS100

When will i start to see bankruptcys drop off of my credit history
Lawyer told me 7 years, now I'm told 10 years. I'm still waiting after 7 years. Not sure when???

Most Helpful Response

If it was a Capter 7 bankruptcy, it will drop off your report in 10 years.  If it was a Chapter 13, it should drop off after 7 years.  You just have to keep checking all three credit reports once a year to see when this actually occurs.

Same here, its been 9 years and my lawyer also said 7 years.  I wish they would set an accurate years for bankruptcys

Bankruptcy

I started out making payments in Chapter 13 in 2006. It was converted to Chapter 7 when my income changed. It has been discharged in 2009. I just wanted to know if it is counted 10 years from converting over or when it was discharged? I have heard so many answers. I debated for 2 yrs & tried to avoid it. I will say it was one of the best things I could have done after getting a divorce. My credit has been rebuilt & my score is over 687. I have purchased a new home & car with several credit cards thanks to credit one, First national & GE/Synchrony bank.

bankruptcy

it's been 10 yrs my bankruptcy  my bankruptcy suspose to be off my credit record  what can i do

Bankruptsy

Have the lawyer put it in writing 

Chapter 7 and Chapter 13

With myself I had to file Chapter 13 and it took exactly 10 years to come off all three reports.

Unfortunately I had to file Chapter 7 and was told it would come off in 7 years but I bet it will be another 10 years.