Question

CreditNewbie19

When will I be eligible for another credit card and first car loan?
I currently have a credit score of a 673 from Transunion and a 669 from Equifax. I tried applying for a few car loans one day but I wasn't able to get a single one. I think its the age of my credit? I have my first credit card which I have had since July and my second one that I have had since November. The car loan inquires I have had are shown on my credit report so I am just going to lay low for a while, but when do you think I should be eligible?

And for my credit cards, Credit Karma is saying that I am extremely eligible for the "The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express" and "Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card"

Should I apply for one of the cards or wait a few months? If I am approved that should raise my credit limit and I won't be changing the way I already spent ( I typically keep my utilization under 20%) so that should help right?

Your credit history appears to be very young with the information you provided. Use the 2 credit cards you have to build credit, use them wisely and in a positive manner to get your credit score up. Maybe in a year or two you would have better luck with an auto loan. Also wait a bit before applying for more credit since you were already denied on a few auto loans, applying for too much credit at once will make you appear risky to lenders.

I also want to add that you should keep an eye on your FICO scores, lenders don't use the ones that you get here.

2nd Option: consider a co-signer

If you need an auto loan now, you could also try a co-signer that has a longer credit history and good credit.