Question

jeremyshelton06

When will 4 hard inquiries turn into 1 for a single loan?!
I applied for a car loan and got approved then noticed that it ran through 4 different places so I have 4 hard inquiries on my credit score for 1 loan! I read that in a situation like this or for mortgage loans this is common practice but will only count as 1 hit but I was wondering when this will be reflected as 1 and not 4 on my credit score ?

Thank you for the help,
Jeremy

Most Helpful Response

Yes, those might count to your "score" as one if it's been coded properly, but those will be listed on you "report" as individuals.

If you had read the articles here, you would know how credit actually works.  The four inquiries will not turn into one but will not adversely affect your credit report.