Question

heretolearnyo

When to pay off credit card in full to avoid interest but still have a 30% utilization rate?
I need help clarifying what date would be best to pay my credit card in full to avoid interest charges, but still have my utilization rate between 20% and 30%.
My due date is the 2nd of every month. Wells Fargo Reports to the credit bureau on the 6th and my cycle ends on the 8th. I am thinking I need to pay the remaining 20-30% the 7th, after the bank has already taken a "snapshot" and sent it over to the credit bureau. I could be wrong...

You should be paying your credit card off before, or by, the end of the billing cycle; so you're not paying any finance charges.  Paying interest is wasted money.  You can make payments online as often as you want. If you get paid bi-weekly, go ahead and make payments when you get paid to keep the utilization down.

You want your reported utilization rate to be between one and nine percent, not twenty to thirty. You just should never exceed thirty. If they report on the sixth, then make sure your utilization is where it needs to be at that time, then pay it off before the due date to avoid interest.