Question

JohnZ580

When to apply for a new credit card
I plan in 2 months to make a large payment on a loan I have which will almost pay it off. Should I apply for a new credit card before or after I make this payment. My credit is on the edge of good and excellent +/-3 points FICO.

I have stared a new job since college and my current limit puts me at about 50% utilization. I asked for a limit increase on my first card back in February but that increase was miniscule.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Most Helpful Response

capital one is super easy to get a card from and withyour score you can apply for quicksilver (visa version no annual fee 1.5% cashback on all purchases) great for when your other cards arent in a 5% rotating category...lowest 642 average 714....and if i'm reading this right your saying your current credit card utilization is 50%....thats not good need to get down under 20% its hurting your score