Question

ExpenseBoyUberExtraordinaire

When should I re-apply for Capital One Quicksilver? High income, high spend, short credit history..
I recently applied for the Capitol One Quicksilver, but was denied because I barely have any credit history (only about 3 months, spent about $2-3K per month and paid perfectly). My annual income is about $80-100K per year, and will be spending about $4000-5000/mo (60% is covered by my employer, i.e. expenses I reimburse).

I just opened up two credit cards - Corporate Amex card and an SPG Preferred Guest Amex Card. I mainly want the Capitol One for Ube rspending, as I take about $100-300 worth of Uber each week for my job (all of which my company reimburses me for). The 20% cash back deal would be pretty sweet for me...

How much credit history do I need? I want to re-apply as soon as possible, but don't want to hurt my score with another rejection.

Best,
Oskar

Wait until you have at least six months of history under your belt before you try again. When it comes time to try again, use the preapproval link of the Capital One site first, so see if you have a shot of being approved.