Question

BanditoPaul

When Should I Pay My Credit Card Bill?
My minimum payment for my credit card is due on the 3rd of June and I get paid this tomorrow and will not be getting paid again until June 4th. Should I pay my credit card balance off in full tomorrow or wait until a closer date? Also, should I leave a small balance left over every mouth or pay my balance off at the end of the month?

Most Helpful Response

If you can pay the total bill in full by the end of the month, that would be great!!  I, personally, do not recommend leaving even a small part of the bill unpaid because you will be charged interest on that.  Pay in full whenever you can, or as quickly as you can after receiving the bill.

BanditoPaul

Thank you for the info, i'll pay it off tomorrow so I don't have to worry about it later on. Also, my score jumped 41 points when I opened my credit card, would it just about the same amount after my first payment?

You can also make payments more than once a month. I get paid monthly and  bi-weekly with my two jobs and generally make a payment twice a month, making sure I have the balance paid off by the end of the billing period. I also changed my due dates with the credit card companies to near the first of the month so I don't forget any of them.