Question

davisanderson

When is the best time to apply for a second credit card?
I have one Credit Card that I am slowly paying off, and was thinking of getting another credit card with perhaps a better rate. My credit score is currently in the FAIR ranking area on this site (680)

I know that simply applying for credit can affect your credit score, so I didn't want to do this foolishly. Is there a best card to apply for? Is there a tool on this site to let me know which card I am most likely to qualify for, etc.

Or should I simply wait until my credit score is better to apply for another card.

Thanks Everyone