Question

Lonewolf619

When I was younger I was irresponsible and messed up my credit I need help please!
I'm 25yrs old and I am a different person then I was at 18. However noone gives me a chance to better my credit and become like the rest of society. I work hard and can't have anythinundef my name and its killing me. I'm tired of the bus or not being able to do things for myself and always asking my mom for help. Please someoone give me advice I don't know what to do. I've checked my credit scores and I joined credit karma hoping I could help find answers from people that have walked in my shoes. Thanks for the time..

Check into getting a SECURED credit card. Check with Capital One or OpenSky. You also need to spend a lot of time reading all that you can about credit, having a good understanding as to how everything works will be of extreme importance during your credit rebuilding journey. Any questions that you have along the way, please feel free to ask.

The articles on this site along with the financial tools help a lot.  I was trained in accounting and was not taught anything about credit.  This site has helped a lot.  My score has gone up, I have more available credit and recently bought a new car at a low interest rate.  It doesn't happen overnight.  You have to try- getting the negatives cleared up (or wait until they drop off your credit report) and gradually build your credit score and available credit.  And, FYI, I'm a retiree with a fixed income.  If I can do it, you can,too.