Question

oda72

When does it come off? When it was filed or discharged?
We filed in August of '05 but it wasn't discharged until January '06. Will it come off this year? Or do I have to wait until 2016? Also, when will it come off? Do I have to wait until August?

Removing Bankruptcy from Credit Report

Do I have to do anything to have the bankruptcy removed after the 10 years is up or does it automatically fall off on the 10 year anniversary date.  And can I asked to have it removed sooner in the anniversary year.   ie: 10 years would be July 21, 2015, could it be removed earlier  in 2015?

geomitch

It will drop off by it self ... 

NotTooOld1969

Go ahead and dispute it as obsolete with the credit bureaus. They'll probably go ahead and take it off.

Most Helpful Response

August 2015

!0 years from the date you filed is when the bankruptcy is due to drop off.  Give the courts a little time to submit that information to the credit bureaus before you actually see that information on your credit report.

rod55

OK, so I filed chapter 7 in Feb 2005 and it was discharged in October 2005. I should expect it to drop off my credit reports in Fberuary 2015. However, my credit reports show it discharged in October 2005. Should I write the credit bureaus and tell them its ten yers this February?

cftweety2001

Hopefully, you can take it soon bcoz I am planning to buy a car . My car is not doing well. I hope you can help me to take it out on my credit report Asap. Thank you

RDELANG50

Enter Your Reply That's false bankruptcy courts do not share any information with credit bueau's!!

bankruptcy

i filed bankruptcy in feb 2009 and it was discharged that same year    when will it come off my credit report?

Theresa

Should I file for bankruptcy?

I've been working on my credit report awhile and it seems I can't get it to get where I want it. I have been able to get some things deleted and updated but it seems the bad outweights the good. Although I have some open accounts in good standing the old one keep resubmitting and its tearing my score down too much. So I wanna ask, should I just forget about them and file to start over or should I keep trying but it seems I'm wasting money I could be saving. I don't have any plans to apply for anything in the near future but I am working towards getting me a fairly new decent car. What would anyone suggest in this situation?

~Thanks In Advance

GreenRaccoon

Creditors and the credit bureaus work as hard as they can to make your life and your credit miserable. They really do. It doesn't matter WHO you are. Except maybe the top 1/10 of 1%. REALLY. But fight. FIGHT. FIGHT. Threaten to sue. ACTUALLY SUE. they will lose and they will not only have to pay the costs of litigation, but penalties and in some cases, large amounts to you. I don't normally approach things with the idea of litigation. But they are asking for it. One thing else you can do is try to contact the National Consumer Protection Agency before it is dismantled by Congress, where many of the members, of both parties have been paid by very wealthy people to destroy our chances of recovery altogether. I AM a retired attorney. I had nothing actively against the very wealthy until they decided to concentrate their wealth to the extent they have, and purchase our government. It was not for sale. Since you have no urgent reasons to use it, you can do this. I have raised mine by over 75 months in the past 6 weeks. You CAN do it. But it is not easy and will drive you crazy. That is their paid duties. The workers, remember, are just like you and me. They don't have money to spend either. Treat them decently. It is the people who own or buy off the bureaus who have a hard on for anyone they consider lesser than themselves. And the comparison they use is only money. A simpleton way of comparing individuals. Teach them a lesson. The laws are actually there in a way to beat them. They are just not applied that way. You have to beat them with the laws. And you can. Go forth, my child, and be brave. 

Most bankruptcy comes off 7-10 years, depending on which chapter was filed, from the original filing date.

sfcrock2000

My Chap 13 came off in 7 years Enter Your Reply

jkriegel8

There has been a lawsuit against Bank of America and Chase because they kept accounts on credit reports that were included in Bankruptcy. Under federal law, that must remove any notations to charge off and note the accound as paid. The banks have agreed to this in a class action suit and check your report. If they keep these accounts on your report they do this in order to sell their bad debt packages. Send them a demand letter before legal action to remove these in accordance with federal law. If they do not file a lawsuit in small claims for violation of the FCRA. You will see that they will move very quick. 

Bankruptcy

Why is my Bankruptcy still show on my credit report

geomitch

After 7 to 10 years from  filing and discharge it will remove itself 

oda72, chapter 7= 10 years from date the judge sets decision,,,,, chapter 13 is 7 years after judge sets decision.  hope this helps.

please keep record handy of when the above occurred, and keep check on credit report from all 3 soon thereafter.  make sure they all expunge your reports of the bankruptcies!  ray

Chapter 7? 10 years from discharge

I assume you filed Chapter 7.  It is removed 10 years from the date of discharge.

JUS4DI41

My attorney told me seven years not ten, but they tell you that to get you your money.  I Know someone that is sueing they bankruptcy attorney and the case looks good (it has to do with the mortgage company)

Bankruptcy filed in 7/09 discharged 8/14

My Chapter 13 bankruptcy was completed and successfully discharged a few months ago. I sent updates to all of the credit bureaus, but they are now identifying each of the accounts that were included in my bankruptcy as in a Wage Earner Plan. How does this impact my credit rating? To me it sounds like I've just made arrangements to pay these creditors anew, instead of having completed the payments through the bankruptcy. Help!

geomitch

Call the companies that was under the ware earner plan . And tell them to update the acct to paid in full . If that don't help call your atty and have him type letter to all the companies and  last. File a dispute with credit company as acct paid in full .. It will be updated or removed. ..  Good luck 

srbolin

Since it was filed in 7/09 it will not come off of your reports until 7/16 (seven years). 

When Do I apply for New Credit?

After filing Bankruptcy, when can I start applying for New Credit?

geomitch

Wait  until it's discharged , you will not be given any new credit .. While in bankruptcy. They can't contact you about a debt .. Even if it new so they will not approve you ..  

tomcat709

I'll try to be short, but will be long.  keep reading.  depending on chapter filed, most car dealers understand they have 36 months before you could file bkrt again.  you have a great chance there but be careful on the terms of finance! 

Take this with a grain of salt, but i got a cap one visa thru credit karma as a promo for 3000.00 and recently upped to 6000.00.  it's worth the effort if you REALLY want to increase your credit rating.  DO NOT BLOW IT AGAIN!  ray

47pshide

As tomcat709 stated, it's good to do it and use Credit Karma recommendations for help.  Extablish credit slowly.  It will take a while to get the score up, but it's worth it.  Try to keep your credit as perfect as you can, and like mine, it will get up to the good to excellent range in time.

tom4266

Enter Your Reply never get out of the finacial matrix