Question

7063

When does a missed payment go off my account?
I missed 1 payment on a credit card over 5 years ago but it still shows up on my credit report. When will it stop showing up?

Count on it disappearing 7 years after the date the payment became delinquent.  It is, unfortunately, part of your credit history but, if all payments since then have been on time, this negative shouldn't have a big impact.

jwsister is right! I agree! Also, on rare circumstances you may be able to "woo" your creditor by simply asking if they would remove the late payment from your credit file. Most creditors would do so if this is your only late payment. Just simply state how great of customer you are and that you would just like the negative mark to be removed. Good luck my friend!!! Happy 4th!!!