Question

CreditQuest13

When do you have to many credit cards and it starts to effect your score?
Wondering if is should close some of my credit cards. I have quite about 12 credit cards all with low balances but wondering if i should close my redundant store credit cards and how it will effect my score.

Addtional Comment

Credit cards have low balance with reasonable high limits.

Having many credit cards doesn't hurt your credit score as long as you make all the payments on time.

I would assume that closing them will probably do more harm than good. Your credit scores are not dinged for having "too many accounts" there is no such thing regarding scores. If you do want to close a couple (after some thorough reading on the subject) only close one at a time and wait a month or two in between to see how your scores react. Check your FICO scores too from time to time.