Question

aj61900

When can negative items be removed from your credit report?
I had a charge off in 2007. It is still on my report and the company is refusing to remove it. How can I get it removed from my credit report?

Most Helpful Response

If it was charged off in 2007, it should be off your report this year then. When was the last payment that you made? Figure that out and apply 7 years and then the bureaus will pull it. Many say that it will stay on your report for 7 1/2 years but I am more inclined to believe 7. If it has been 7 years or is close you may want to contact the credit bureaus and ask them to remove it due to its age. Pull your reports directly from all three bureaus and then start disputing.