Question

hennyroc82

Whats the quickest way to improve my credit score?
i'm currentlly at 502 and I'm looking for a way to improve my score within the next two yrs. What the best way to go about this. Do I just look up all my old debts and pay them or is there an easier way?

Most Helpful Response

The only way you will be able to put your credit situation right is to pay off all of your old debts. Deliquent debts or debts in collections look really bad. If you pay these off you will see marked improvement. If you already have credit cards make sure to keep your debt utilization below 30% and if you can payoff your total balance every month that looks good. Always make your payments on time. If you don't have a credit card then you should get one and follow the same guidlines.

In order to improve my credit over the past two years I payed down all of my maxed out cards and set them up to automaticaly pay some of my bills and then payed off the full balance of both cards at the end of each month. My credit significantly improved.

It really depends on your current situation.  Pull your complete credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com then visit www.credit.about.com and start reading all articles that apply to your situation.  Best of luck!

Secured Loan

I took out a $1000 secured loan with my bank.  They deposit my $1000 in an account while I make monthly payments for that amount that they then 'loaned' to me.  Small interest lost is made up by having one more account with a positive payment history.  It is a way to get started.