Question

epbc

whats the best way to pay on a secured credit card
rebuilding my credit and want to do it right this time

Use the card responsibly. When I was rebuilding, I used my Cap1 secured card this way...

- never used more than ~40-60%

- always paid down to ~10-15% before my statement was cut so my reported utilization was ideal.

That showed Cap1 I could use my card, pay it regularly, & be responsible. I went from $300 to $1000 in 6 months. It helped me out tremendously! This isn't the only way to help but it's how I handled it reading advice from here & a few other credit forums.

Can you explain a litle further?  I assume by "statement is cut" you mean the day the statement is printed?  So if my limit is $200 and my statement is printed on the 5th of every month, then I should spend around $100 between the 5th and the 30th and pay it down to approx $12 before the 5th and then pay the balance before the due dat? 

Or do you mean to do everything I said in my first question except to leave a balance of 10-15% every month?