Question

NornIrn

Whats the best travel credit card for someone with less than a year history?
- 100% on time payments
- Credit score of 709 (TransUnion), 716 (Fico)
- Two cards with combined limit of $1200
- Utilization 3%
- Recent inquiries 3
- Salary $87,000

I have not long lived in the United States and am in need of a travel credit card with no foreign transaction fees so that I can spend money abroad without getting stung!. I bank with Chase and my main aim is the Chase Sapphire, however with only 7 months of credit history and 3 recent inquiries (over 3 months ago), I am reluctant to go for it only to get a denial letter and another hard pull.

Before applying for the Chase Sapphire, can anyone direct me to another travel card that I am more likely to get approved for? Or should I just gamble and go for the Chase Sapphire?

Many thanks in advance!

709 is on the low end of excellent. Chase has a section on their credit section website, where you can see if you're pre-qualified for a card without a hard pull. Try that, and let us know how it goes. Since you already have a relationship with Chase, I would think your chances are good.