Question

SteveT88

Whats the best and cheapest way to file bankruptcy?

Most Helpful Response

Cheapest is do it yourself

The best way is to have an attorney do it for you but the cheapest is to do it your self.  I did it myself and it was a lot of paperwork.  I spent probably weeks doing everything but I saved over $1000.00 as I only had to pay for the filing fee and for the two bankruptcy classes.  total was less than $350.00.  

Also don't listen to these people who say it ruins your credit.  I had so much debt that it was going to take at least 7-10 years to pay it all off.  As soon as I filed bankruptcy and I was in the protection of the court my score rose 75 points to 591 from 516.  Yeah it stays on their but just as long as it would to pay it all off. 

Try to avoid doing so since it ruins your credit for 10 years.

Usually, bankruptcy attornies give free initial consultation and offer alternative actions.  They're on your side as well as creditors.  After bankruptcy you have to start totally over.  Think before acting.